VPN definition and things to look out for.
VPN is a universal development for secure and private access to the Internet or closed networks. If you want to connect a VPN service, but do not know which one to stop at, you can be understood. Nowadays, when the state controls the personal information, there is no confidence in the reliability of the free VPN service. And the Internet provides a large number of services.
In addition to security, free VPNs suffer from other disadvantages:
- Quota of monthly traffic usage;
- Stable connection for a limited amount of time;
- Advertising which is very much. Then with a period of time you start to get tired of it;
These restrictions can be measured. So they do not have the importance to look at first. Therefore, when choosing a free or paid service, consider the following parameters: Speed, Support and the most important thing for your privacy: Confidentiality.
Speed in paid and free
The speed of a VPN is affected by the number of servers and consumers that use them. People are always more on free services and therefore the stability of the connection suffers as well as speed. It turns out with a smaller number of servers and more people who use their speed will decrease.
- Using a paid VPN service, you will pay and you will be taken to servers for which your traffic will work. This significantly increases the speed of traffic and it turns out that the only thing that slows down a computer is your Internet provider. Also, more advanced, convenient functionality is usually added to work on this service.
- On a free VPN service, you will be allocated shared servers for all, which is why the traffic speed will sink. This should be taken into account when choosing.
Support for both free and paid
One of the most important parameters of a VPN server is technical support. On average, the quality and speed of response to calls in a paid service is much higher.
- With the paid service, you will count on qualified personnel and round-the-clock work.
- With a free service, you can’t always hope for quick technical assistance. This is due to the number of people who are attracted to technical assistance.
Privacy in paid and free
When choosing a paid service one of the reasons is your privacy. In our world where everything is checked and monitored, the security of personal information is one of the most sought after services.
The main reasons to suffer on a free VPN service are:
- One of the reasons for not using free VPN services is saving your actions on the server and selling this information to others. Therefore, it is important to select only the service that does not save user logs;
- Another option is to use your bandwidth for other users. This will not only reduce the speed of the computer, but even with their forbidden activities, you can get sideways.
Even with the best free VPNs, the quality of the security level will not exceed the average paid VPN service. Remember free cheese is only in a mousetrap.
- Although VPN is a useful technology that performs a certain range of services, but above all these services are designed to make money for providers of these opportunities. With paid VPNs, it’s clear from where the provider gets the money, while free services continue to make money, but this is more veiled.
- If you are using free VPN, use only servers that you trust. But even then you will not be completely sure of your safety. You will have to rely on the statements shown in the technical data of the software.
- Paid VPN services greatly increase your security, speed and technical support services for which you pay money.
- In most VPN, paid services are partially limited, it all depends on your tariff. Only restrictions on the most expensive version of the paid service are removed completely.
- Access to private resources is available for both paid and free VPNs. However, security problems, as a result of outdated or simpler data encryption, free services may arise.
As a result, it turns out that free VPN services are more suitable for rare uses. For example, open or close a website once a week, month, or check email. In another case, it is desirable to choose a paid, but still more secure VPN service.